Department of Intercultural Linguistics and Glottodidactics
University of Białystok
is pleased to invite you to participate
International Academic Conference
“Russian Language in the Light of Current Linguistic, Intercultural
and Glottodidactic Research”
2-3 April 2020
The conference will be an opportunity for Polish and foreign scholars to present the results of research on Russian language and culture, as well as exchange didactic experiences in the field of language education.
We would welcome papers on the following themes:
· Russian as a communication and dialogue tool
· Russian language and culture compared to other European languages and cultures
· Language and communication – linguistic, sociolinguistic and intercultural perspectives
· Russian language in higher education institutions
· Teaching and learning Russian – didactic solutions in the Polish, European and global context
· Problems in teaching Russian as a foreign language
Proposals of papers related to the main theme of the conference are welcome.
· The deadline for paper proposals with abstracts (150-250 words) is: 31 January 2020.
In the event of a large number of applications, the organisers reserve the right to choose papers.
The application form should be sent by email to the following email address: email@example.com
· Notification of acceptance: by 9 February 2020
· Conference fee: 450 PLN (costs of peer-reviewed publication of the paper, conference materials, 2 lunches, conference dinner). Payment should be made by 23 February 2020 to the account below.
Bank Millennium S.A. 74 1160 2202 0000 0002 4179 4476.
Bank transfer title: „Russian language 2020” + paticipant’s name and surname
Please note that the fee does not cover transport and accommodation.
· Conference sessions: 2 - 3 April 2020
· Venue: Faculty of Philology, Uniwersytet w Białymstoku, Plac Niezależnego Zrzeszenia Studentów 1, Białystok
· Conference languages: Polish, Russian, English. The time of a planned presentation should not exceed 15 minutes for sessions and 20 minutes for plenary lectures.
· Publication: selected conference papers with positive peer-reviews will be published in a ranked academic journal - “Lingwodydaktyka” - or an edited volume of a publisher on the list of Ministry of Science and Higher Education
· Deadline for submission of papers for publication: 02.04.2020. Articles should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org. For publication requirements see: http://filologia.uwb.edu.pl/ling//tomy/linguodidactica2018.pdf , p. 210.
We will inform you about the organizational details in further correspondence, after the application has been accepted.
Joan Castellví (University of Barcelona)
Andrzej Charciarek (University of Silesia)
Anna Ginter (University of Lodz)
Marzanna Karolczuk (university of Bialystok)
Ala Lichačiova (Vilnius University)
Simona Koryčánková (Masaryk University)
Anna Petríková (University of Presov)
Marc Ruiz-Zorrilla (University of Barcelona)
Jakub Sadowski (Jagiellonian University)
Lilia Silkovich (Minsk State Linguistic University )
Marzanna Karolczuk (chair)
Maryna Michaluk (secretary)
Anna Szuchalska (secretary)
The project is financed from the grant received from the Polish Ministry of Science and Higher Education under the Regional Initiative of Excellence programme for the years 2019-2022, project numer 009/RID/2018/19, the amount of funding 8 791 222,00 zloty.